Kids are never too young to learn about saving the planet and one of our most important resources is water. Did you know the average person in the UK uses 150 litres of water every day - that's the equivalent of brushing your teeth 75 times!
We wanted to share some of our tips to save water in the home, it’s easier than you think and could also save you money:
- Don’t splash around in the bath too much. We know it’s fun to lob some bubbles at your little brother especially with the amount of bubbles Scrub A Dub makes! BUT all that splashing around can waste a lot of water (and create a mess for mum and dad to clear up)
- Go on a leak hunt! Who doesn’t love being a detective for the day? Listen out for the sound of dripping or look for damp spots emerging.
- Turn tap off when brushing teeth. We all want minty fresh breath but make sure to turn off the tap when you are brushing as this can save 200 gallons of water a month!
- Use your dishwasher. No one really likes washing up and a full dishwasher can be shown to use up to 10 times less water than washing by hand especially if you wash with running water.
- Try our Scrub All 3 in 1 kids body wash, shampoo and conditioner. This will half your washing time as there is no need to double douse. This really is the bathroom super bottle.
- The ideal shower should take 4 minutes – have a race to see who can have the quickest shower, you can easily check if they’re clean by doing a smell test!
- Fit a Buffaloo Cistern Bag for only £1.98. This is a simple device that any adult can install and can save 1-2 litres every time you flush. Buy one here: Buffaloo Cistern Bag (savewatersavemoney.co.uk)
- Sort laundry effectively and have a schedule for different loads. No one wants pongy clothes lying around but creating a schedule, eg dark clothes on a Wednesday and whites on a Saturday, means each load will be as full as possible.
- Swap a bath for a shower! We all love having a warm bubbly bath but a shower can use up to 2/3 less water.
- Did you know our unique foaming products require less water compared to bars and gel to lather and clean? Make the swap today and see for yourself. You can then refill the bottles with our refill pouches that save water, plastic AND money.
We hope you found these useful and we would love to hear your tips!