We’ve had lots of new people join us recently which we’re really happy about so we thought we’d say a little hello from us and explain a bit more about what we’re all about.
My name’s Emma (I’m the one on the left!) and along with my friend Karen we set up Scrubbingtons 4 years ago. We are Mum’s of tweens and wanted to find a washing product that was designed just for them and was better for the planet. There was nothing out there so we decided to create our own and Scrubbington’s was born.
It’s been a labour of love and we’ve learnt so much along the way. Mostly about how important it was for us to reduce our plastic waste - that’s why all of our bottles are made from 50% recycled plastic (we’re working on the rest) and our refill pouch is 100% recyclable (one of very few available).
What we believe in:
- Real kids not idealised kids – real kids get muddy, pick their nose, have smelly armpits and play on the X-box too much. They also don’t want a ‘pink one’ or a ‘blue one’ – our kids products are for anyone.
- Helping kids to help themselves – we know we protect our kids too much sometimes, we want to help them to develop into amazing adults.
- Getting kids outside – whilst we all love the peace and quiet that an x-box or tablet can provide, we want to get more kids outside and getting messy – it’s been proven to be good for their mental health.
- Doing our bit for our children’s planet – the toiletries aisle is chock-full of plastic and we are trying not to add to it with Scrubbingtons. We are on mission to challenge the big brands to do the same.
- Being Kind – we try and be kind to everyone and teach our kids to do the same. We strive to always be kind to our planet, kind to our customers, suppliers, logistics teams, delivery drivers, packers, twitter trolls and husbands ;-)
We hope you can support us on this adventure – we’d love to hear from you with any ideas or thoughts you’ve had about how we can do better. Please do get in touch with us – email@example.com
Emma & Karen