If the last few months have taught us anything it's that washing your hands properly is really really important.
Good hand hygiene is the best way to send germs packing!
We need to wash our hands after going to the toilet, before eating and after coughing or sneezing, but knowing when to wash your hands and how to do it right can be a lot to take in for a busy kid with their mind on playing.
Here at Scrubbingtons HQ, we want to make handwashing FUN, that's why we developed our FOAMTASTIC Hand & Face Foam after all. So we were super happy when we heard from Scholastic UK that they had persuaded ace author & illustrator Matt Carr to make his handwashing superstar, Doris the Doctorpus, into an awesome new picture book to help kids understand how important it is to wash your hands.
Doris the Doctorpus is fantastic for teaching kids how and why they need to wash their hands, she even has her own handwashing song to help them AND 50p from every copy sold will be donated in aid of the NHS Charities Together Covid-19 Urgent Appeal
We are VERY happy to have 10 copies of NOW WASH YOUR HANDS by Matt Carr and 10 sets of our Scrub Up hand & face foam and Scrub Up refill pouch to giveaway.
All you need to do to enter is comment on one of the competition posts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and follow both Scrubbingtons and Scholastic UK on one of those channels before the closing date of midnight on Wednesday 1st of July 2020.
Terms & Conditions
1. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the promotion into disrepute. In the event of such disqualification, the Promoter may award the applicable prize to another entrant.
2. Who can enter.
This promotion is open to UK residents including Northern Ireland, who are aged 18 years or over. The Promoter reserves the right to request written proof of age of the winner and proof of identity. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the prize until such proof of eligibility and identity of the prize winner has been confirmed or to disqualify any entrant from the promotion as it sees fit.
2.2 Employees/contractors of the Promoter and its affiliates and any other persons or employees/contractors of companies associated with this promotion and members of the families and house of any such persons are not eligible to enter this promotion. Any such entries will be invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
3 How to enter:
To have a valid promotion entry, entrants must:
Follow the promotion instructions on the relevant Instagram, Facebook or Twitter posts.
To enter on any of the platforms, follow Scholastic UK and Scrubbingtons on one of the platforms and comment in reply to the promotion question on one of the platforms.
Late entries will be disqualified. There will be ten prizes drawn. No purchase is necessary to enter the promotion.
3.1 The competition opens Wednesday 24th June 2020 at 8 am and closes at midnight on Wednesday 1st of July 2020
3.2 The Competition is only open to UK residents including Northern Ireland, aged 18 or over and The Prize can only be sent to a UK address.
4. The prizes for winning the competition will be a set of Scrub Up Hand & Face Foam and Scrub Up refill pouch and a copy of the new book Now Wash Your Hands by Matt Carr. There are 10 prizes and each winning entrant will receive one Scrub Up set and one book.
4.1 All valid entries received by midnight on Wednesday 1st July will be entered into a prize draw. From this prize draw, ten winners will be selected at random.
The winners will be notified on the relevant platform within one working day of the draw, in the comments below the post. The winners will be required to respond within 48 hours of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. In the event that a winner does not respond to communications within 48 hours of initial contact or if any prize is declined, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and attempt to award the prize to a reserved entrant, subject to time restraints.
Those entering are advised to check their direct messages on the day following the prize draw.
4.2 The Prize is as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. The prize is not transferable.
5. You consent to your name, photograph and basic information being disclosed on Scrubbingtons and Scholastic UKs digital channels or other media if you win any prizes under the competition.
5.1By entering this promotion, all entrants consent to the processing of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of administering this promotion and agree that the promoter may contact you in relation to the Competition through social media or other methods as appropriate.
6. The Competition will be run and Prizes will be awarded at Scrubbingtons and Scholastic UKs discretion.
6.1. We reserve the right to change the Competition rules and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
6.2 This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
7. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Scrubbingtons and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from any postponement or cancellation of the Competition; any changes to, supply of or use of the Prize; and any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Scrubbingtons reasonable control.
7.1. Scrubbingtons does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind
7.2. Scrubbingtons shall not be liable, whether in contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
7.3. You agree to indemnify Scrubbingtons against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Scrubbingtons.
8. The Competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law. England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.