Ah - Great Britain. This green and pleasant land. This sceptred isle. We could wax lyrical all day with the ways in which this island is a great place to explore, however we realise that holidaying in the UK sometimes has its own unique challenges.
Here are 10 ways that you know you are on a holiday in the UK:
1) On the beach, someone is wrestling with a windbreak in gale force winds
2) Eating out means sharing a packed lunch in the car park of a National Trust property
3) When eating fish and chips on the seafront, one member of the family is nominated as the first line of defence against seagull attacks
4) You buy a stick of rock even though no-one actually likes it
5) You refine your holiday accommodation search results on Trip Advisor by their proximity to a Waitrose
6) You drive to look at a view, only for the drizzle to set in, rendering visibility to a five foot radius.
7) After two days of continuous sunshine, everyone starts complaining about the heat
8) If the temperature stay warm for a week, anyone older than 40 will immediately compare it to the heatwave of '76
9) If picnicking by a river, you will consume at least as many midges as sandwiches
10) You set up a tent in a wild camping spot in a remote part of Wales only to find your campsite neighbours are in fact your actual neighbours
To celebrate the uniqueness of a summer family holiday in Blighty, we are giving away a hamper of the Professor’s magically foaming products to five lucky winners. To be in with a chance of winning, complete the following sentence.....
"You know it’s a Blighty holiday when...." in the comments of the pinned competition post on our Facebook page or tweet us your sentence using the hashtag #SummerInBlighty.
Enter as many times as inspiration strikes on Twitter or Facebook. Terms and conditions apply.
Terms & Conditions
Competition closes on Friday 31st August 2017 at 11.59pm.
Winner will be chosen at random on Monday 4th September 2017 & notified within 48 hours by Facebook or Twitter.
The Competition is only open to UK residents, aged 18 or over and The Prize can only be sent to a UK address.
Although not compulsory, liking the Professor Scrubbington Facebook page or following us on Twitter, will make it easier for us to contact you, plus keep you informed of any news & future competitions.
You may enter the competition as many times as you like as long as each entry is unique.
The Prize is as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services.
The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
You consent to your surname, photograph & basic information about you being taken & disclosed on Professor Scrubbington digital channels, website or other media if you win.